Adam

Introducing new ranks.

Hey!

I feel like this would be a good time to mention that I feel like we should introduce a rank similar to trusted. For example: super user.

Possible perks?

1. Of course, a super cool rank.
  2. Top priority (when it comes to applications?).
  3. userbar (depends if this will be made or not).
  4. Getting their own section where they can talk to other people will the exact same rank.

Why should we introduce this?

1. Increase the amount of good quality posting, and an excellent alternative to awards as awards aren't a feasible idea since it's broken.
  2. People will be encouraged to post more actively, therefore increasing productivity.
  3. Increased productivity= more users are more likely to join.

Possible criteria?

Well, it could be anything really, up to staff.

1. A certain amount of posts within a given time?
  2. A certain amount of reputation within a given time?
  3. Good community standing?
  4. No warning points, sets exemplary behavior?

What do you think of this idea?

-Adam

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

as awards aren't a feasible idea since it's broken.

No it isnt broken. It would grow user activity and your idea is totally different from mine.

Awards = Prizes for doing something

Super User = A new group

Just now, Master said:

No it isnt broken. It would grow user activity and your idea is totally different from mine.

Awards = Prizes for doing something

Super User = A new group

It is broken, @Arthur said it was.

The two award systems that I've tried so far are broken/out-dated. We may look into fixing them, but if we don't then everyone will have to wait until we migrate to flaskBB. Currently there is no ETA on the migration.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

It is broken, @Arthur said it was.

I installed awards in a IPS CS in my forum one day , it worked fine.

But ok , good idea anyways

1 minute ago, Arthur said:

The two award systems that I've tried so far are broken/out-dated. We may look into fixing them, but if we don't then everyone will have to wait until we migrate to flaskBB. Currently there is no ETA on the migration.

xenForo is a good option

5 hours ago, Master said:

xenForo is a good option

Rather shoot myself in the brain than to use xenForo. I'd rather use myBB or phpBB for that case. flaskBB is pretty decent.

Edited by Lynx

31 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Rather shoot myself in the brain than to use xenForo. I'd rather use myBB or phpBB for that case. flaskBB is pretty decent.

Thats your opinion

6 hours ago, Lynx said:

Is there a reason why you don't like xenForo? I always thought it looked nice when I used nullified versions. Haven't heard of flaskBB though, might take a look at it!

2 hours ago, Lake said:

Is there a reason why you don't like xenForo? I always thought it looked nice when I used nullified versions. Haven't heard of flaskBB though, might take a look at it!

flaskBB is very bare compared to other forum software, but it's very easy to extend and customize. The issue we have with IPB is that it's poorly documented and complex.

• Like 1