Sign in to follow this  
Gokhan137

What is the purpose of each of these client files?

What is the role of each of these client files? I'm not looking for a lengthy answer, but if anyone could briefly explain what at least one of these files does, it would be greatly appreciated.

• airtower
  • book
  • club_penguin
  • engine
  • gridview
  • igloo
  • load
  • login
  • mail
  • phone
  • sentry
  • shell
  • stampbook
  • startscreen

I am most curious about the ones that are in bold.

1 hour ago, Gokhan137 said:

What is the role of each of these client files? I'm not looking for a lengthy answer, but if anyone could briefly explain what at least one of these files does, it would be greatly appreciated.

• airtower
  • book
  • club_penguin
  • engine
  • gridview
  • igloo
  • load
  • login
  • mail
  • phone
  • sentry
  • shell
  • stampbook
  • startscreen

load.swf is basically the loading file that you embed inside of your play html file.

8 hours ago, ReidTJ said:

load.swf is basically the loading file that you embed inside of your play html file.

That's incorrect. 

9 hours ago, Gokhan137 said:

• airtower
  • book
  • club_penguin
  • engine
  • gridview
  • igloo
  • load
  • login
  • mail
  • phone
  • sentry
  • shell
  • stampbook
  • startscreen

Airtower: Loads All packet listeners, also sends packet to server.

Book: Not too sure, maybe for the redemption system? It's called "Mail" in the dependencies so it might be related to mail though.

Club_penguin: It's the main file that controls everything. It's the one that should be loaded in the beginning.

Login: It's basically the login screen and it's responsible for logging in a player with the help of sentry and the airtower.

Sentry: Basically a hashing SWF as far as I know.

Shell: Responsible for loading the crumbs and dependencies file. It also has alot of get and set functions.

Engine: It's the main responder to all packets sent by the server which are processed by airtower, even though shell also takes a small part in responding.

Phone: EPF Phone.

Igloo: Basically it handles all MY igloo related stuff.

Not too sure about the rest so I wouldn't like to get any wrong information.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jad said:

That's incorrect. 

Airtower: Loads All packet listeners, also sends packet to server.

Book: Not too sure, maybe for the redemption system? It's called "Mail" in the dependencies so it might be related to mail though.

Club_penguin: It's the main file that controls everything. It's the one that should be loaded in the beginning.

Login: It's basically the login screen and it's responsible for logging in a player with the help of sentry and the airtower.

Sentry: Basically a hashing SWF as far as I know.

Shell: Responsible for loading the crumbs and dependencies file. It also has alot of get and set functions.

Engine: It's the main responder to all packets sent by the server which are processed by airtower, even though shell also takes a small part in responding.

Phone: EPF Phone.

Igloo: Basically it handles all MY igloo related stuff.

Not too sure about the rest so I wouldn't like to get any wrong information.

I believe book is responsible for part of the mail system, especially the buddy/recipient portion. And club_penguin (IIRC?) also handles most of the AS2<->AS3 communication via SWFBridge. Gridview deals with igloo customization too.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this