Ninjaoninja2

SmartFoxServer2X Setup (Windows) (Localhost)

Hey all,

I've been working with SFS2X and Flash for awhile now, and I thought I'd bring you a quick tutorial on how to setup SmartFoxServer on localhost.

So, the first thing you're going to want to do is go here.

Spoiler

You'll probably arrive at a screen like this:

DtsDZN3.png

Go ahead and download the version of SmartFoxServer for your desired OS. (We'll be using Windows 10 in this tutorial.)

So once your setup executable has downloaded, go ahead and go through and setup SmartFoxServer.

Spoiler

Eventually you'll arrive at screen like this: 

DTZ2K41.png

Untick the box that asks to install 2X as a service, we don't need that for a local testing.

So now, you're going to want to go to the installation folder, at default it's: C:\Program Files\SmartFoxServer_2X. Once you go into the default folder, you'll see different folders. The only one we're going to touch today, is the "SFS2X" folder.

Spoiler

So once you're in the folder, you SHOULD see a few files and some folders. We're going to work with JUST the sfs2x.bat file. 

So now, open the file and you should get a command prompt window. (NOTE: If you saved the files to the default set directory, you'll get an error about privileges. In this case just open sfs2x-standalone.exe as an administrator.)

After SmartFoxServer2X has booted, go to 127.0.0.1:8080. 

Spoiler

You SHOULD see the following page:

l18aMr6.png

And voila', you've successfully installed, booted up, and navigated to the main page for SmartFoxServer2X.

I plan to do these tutorials in parts, so I guess you could consider this part 1.

Next time, I'll do one on connecting to the server's administrative tool and working inside that to easily manage the server and everything else in between.

Thanks, Zach.

• Like 1

I saw you post this on Aureus, fairly nice contribution.

Glad you posted it here, although I sadly doubt anyone will use it as much as it is informative and useful.